The Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce Healthcare Awards will be held virtually this year and the organization is currently seeking nominations.
“We salute all of our healthcare workers and first responders and are grateful for their commitment during this pandemic,” said Sabrina Martin, 2020 Chamber board of
Nominations for the following awards are now being accepted:
- Mayor’s Legacy Award recognizes a healthcare professional that has left a lasting mark on the history and culture of the Las Cruces healthcare community and has exhibited an extended track record of improving the local quality of life.
- Impact Award recognizes a healthcare professional that has had a direct impact on an individual’s care. This professional may have been the primary caregiver, but often the individual who has the greatest impact is the one who listens with an open heart.
- Compassion Award recognizes the ability of the nominee to sympathize with another person’s suffering and regularly practices compassion. Characteristics of the Compassion Award include alleviating another person’s hardship or enduring with them in a time of difficulty.
- Teamwork Award recognizes the productive and cohesive project or program and the spirit of a program’s mission and sees it into fruition while inspiring others to take ownership of the task. This award can be presented to an individual or a team.
- Innovation Award recognizes the individual with a creative mind and a capacity to look outside the box and improve a process or system.
- Emerging Leader Award recognizes a student or young professional that has been seen motivating and inspiring others, exhibits passion in their field and is “paving their own path” to make a true difference in the lives of others.
The chamber is partnering with El Paso Las Cruces CW to broadcast the previously recorded awards event from 5 to 6 p.m. Nov. 14. The event will also be broadcast via the chamber’s Facebook, YouTube & Instagram accounts.