According to our new research study on “Cell Therapy Bioprocessing Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis – by technology, cell type, end user,” the market is expected to reach US$ 30,052.61 million in 2028 from US$ 11,192.50 million in 2020. The market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 13.5% from 2021-2028. Genome editing (also known as genome editing) refers to a collection of technologies that enable scientists to alter an organism’s DNA. These technologies allow for the addition, removal, or modification of genetic material at specific points in the genome. Several approaches to genome editing have been developed. CRISPR-Cas9 (clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats)is the most common, cheap and efficient system used for genome editing. It is a short for clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats and CRISPR-associated protein. Since it is quicker, easier, more precise, and effective than other genome editing approaches, the CRISPR-Cas9 system has fueled a lot of interest in the scientific community.
In the prevention and treatment of human diseases, genome editing is of vital significance. The majority of genome editing research is currently conducted using cells and animal models to better understand diseases. It’s being researched for even a variety of diseases, including single-gene conditions such as cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, and sickle cell disease. Other genome editing technologies are Zinc-finger nuclease and TALENs stands for ‘Transcription activator-like effector nucleases’. Therefore, increasing research on the utilization of gene technology is driving the growth of the market.
Request Sample Pages of this research study at –https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00021550/
Based on technology, the cell therapy bioprocessing market is segmented into bioreactor, lyophilization, electro spinning, controlflow centrifugation, ultrasonic lysis, genome editing technology, cell immortalization technology, and viral vector technology. The Bioreactor segment held the largest share of the market in 2020, whereas the genome editing technology segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 14.5% in the market during the forecast period.
The Prominent/Emerging Players in the Cell Therapy Bioprocessing Market Research include:
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Sartorius AG
- MERCK KGaA
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Corning Incorporated
- Catalent Inc
Growing Approvals for Cell Therapies
Cell therapies have shown positive results in treating various chronic diseases including rare genetic disorders by offering regenerative medicines and personalized medicines. Increasing need of treating chronic diseases have pushed the research and development activities resulting in growing cell therapy production and product approvals. Few instances are listed below for the cell therapies approvals that have contributed to the growth of the cell therapy bioprocessing market.
- In May 2019, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Zolgensma, manufactured by AveXis, Inc. A subsidiary of Novartis AG. Zolgensa is designed to treat spinal muscular atrophy in children below two years and is given by infusing one-time into the vein.
- In July 2020, Kite Pharma, Inc., a Subsidiary of Gilead Company, received FDA approval for its Tecartus. Tecartus is (CAR) T cell therapy designed to treat refractory mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) in adults. According to toe Gilead Company, Tecartus is the first approved (CAR) T cell therapy for mantle cell lymphoma, which is expected to be a new frontier in the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma.
- In February 2021, Juno Therapeutics, Inc., a subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, received approval for its Breyanzi. Breyanzi is a cell-based gene therapy intended to treat certain types of large B-cell lymphoma in adults. The treatment is given after patient have not responded to minimum two other types of systemic treatment. However, Breyanzi in 2019, faced regulatory setback since its first filing; it is currently under the European Medicines Agency’s review and was validated in July 2020.
Thus, growing product developments have resulted in various product approvals that reflects the increase in cell therapies. Therefore, it is expected that the growing approvals for cell therapies are enormously increasing the cell therapy bioprocessing, which, in turn is likely to drive the market’s growth over the coming years
The cell therapy bioprocessing market, by technology, is segmented into bioreactor, lyophilization, electro spinning, controlflow centrifugation, ultrasonic lysis, genome editing technology, cell immortalization technology, and viral vector technology. The Bioreactor segment held the largest share of the market in 2020, whereas the genome editing technology segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 14.5% in the market during the forecast period.
Cell Type-Based Insights
The cell therapy bioprocessing market, by cell type, is segmented into stem cell, immune cell, human embryonic stem cell, pluripotent stem cell, hematopoietic stem cells. The stem cell segment held the largest share of the market in 2020, whereas the same segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 14.0% in the market during the forecast period.
End User-Based Insights
The cell therapy bioprocessing market, by indication, is segmented cardiovascular disease (CVD), oncology, wound healing, orthopedic, and others. The oncology segment held the largest share of the market in 2020, and the orthopedic segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 14.3% in the market during the forecast period.
Companies operating in the cell therapy bioprocessing market are adopting organic strategies such as product launches and expansions to expand their footprint and product portfolio worldwide as well as to address the growing demands.
- Controlflow Centrifugation
- Ultrasonic Lysis
- Genome Editing Technology
- Cell Immortalization Technology
- Viral Vector Technology
By Cell Type
- Stem Cell
- Immune Cell
- Human Embryonic Stem Cell
- Pluripotent Stem Cell
- Hematopoetic Stem Cell
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Wound Healing
By End User
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Regenerative Medicine Centers
- Academic and Research Institute
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- South and Central America (SCAM)
- Rest of SCAM
Purchase Full Copy @ https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00021550/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable solutions. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We are specialist in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
If you have any queries about this report or would like further information, please contact us: